Your Weekly Portland Club Update: June 6, 2022
Looking for ways to beat the heat? Bring the family to the Club! We’ve got plenty of activities that’ll help you stay cool—from relaxing by the pool, aquatics programs for all ages, and even our Summer Camp that starts this week. It’s not too late to sign your child up for all the summer fun, so take advantage and make it a summer they’ll always remember.
What’s Happening at the Club This Week?
Bay Club Run Club Community
Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays | 9:30 am
We are excited to announce the official launch of our Run Club Community with events and team registration discounts along with monthly emails that include running support and tips. All levels are welcome. The Run Club meets by the Juice Bar—visit Bay Club Connect for meeting times.
If you are new to running or looking to get out for a few easy miles, join Coach Jami Wednesdays at 9:00 am for Intro to Running. Register by emailing Jami at email@example.com to be added to our email list.
New Pilates Reformer Classes and Times
Come join us in our Method Studio to experience Pilates. Class fees are $35 per session for the summer and are limited to seven participants. Please sign up on Bay Club Connect.
- New Class! Reformer Stretch | Mondays at 5:05 pm and Saturdays at 11:30 pm
- Feel the amazing benefits of Pilates as we take you through stretch elements on a reformer. This class will assist you in strengthening your core and sculpting your muscles while releasing tension and improving your posture.
- Fundamental Reformer | Mondays at 4:00 pm, Wednesdays at 9:15 am, and Saturdays at 8:30 am
- Whether you are new to Pilates or a seasoned pro, the Fundamental Reformer is designed for all fitness levels. You will learn how to elongate, recruit, and stabilize your core muscles while stretching and strengthening your body.
- Intermediate Reformer | Thursdays at 10:45 am and Fridays at 12:00 pm
- This class features intermediate-level exercise progressions on the reformer. The workout will focus on breathing, alignment, and healthy body movement mechanics to strengthen the core, enhance long and lean muscles, and improve balance. A minimum of five fundamental classes and/or previous experience on a Stott Reformer is strongly recommended.
Family Fun Friday: James and the Giant Peach
Friday, June 10 | 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
Head on up to the restaurant for a dinner buffet and a family-friendly movie, James and the Giant Peach. The movie starts at 5:30 pm. The buffet is $15 for adults and $10 for children. Our regular menu items will also be available.
See What’s Happening This Weekend
Saturdays | 10:00 am–11:00 am
Kids ages 7-13 can take our Swim Safety Test, which allows them to swim in the water on their own with parental supervision.
Trigger Ball Therapy with Aksana
Sundays | 1:00 pm
Recover, repair, and restore your body using myofascial techniques, range-of-motion stretches, and revitalizing breath strategies. We will use a variety of grippy, pliable rubber balls to eradicate your aches and pains and reform your body from the inside out. Sign up on Bay Club Connect.
Save the Dates
Father’s Day BBQ
Sunday, June 19 | 12:00 pm-7:00 pm
Kids Climb Time
Sundays, starting June 19 | 12:00 pm-2:00 pm
International Day of Yoga
Tuesday, June 21 | 11:45 am-1:00 pm
Extended Evening Hours
We will now be open until 10:00 pm on weekdays and 9:00 pm on weekends.
June Club Life Newsletter
Do you know about our Club Life Newsletters? Check out our latest newsletters to learn more about all the activities and events we have planned for June. Click here to plan your month at Bay Club Portland!
Catch a Wave with Marissa
The sun is out, the heat is on—it’s the perfect weather for some surfing! On this month’s Marissa Tries, Marissa has a blast surfing for the first time. She joins pro surfer Marcel Soros on the beautiful beaches of Santa Cruz. Check out Marissa Tries Surfing here!
Summer Camp Spaces Are Filling up Fast!
School’s out! It’s summertime, and here at the Bay Club, that means Kids Camp! Your children will have a blast swimming, running around outside, and celebrating summer with their friends. Don’t wait—spaces are filling up fast! Check out all our camp offerings and register today on Bay Club Connect.
Stay in the Know
If you want to keep up with special events and activities at other Bay Club locations, we make it easy for you to find the info. All Weekly Updates get posted on our website. Follow this link to view them at a glance. When you’re traveling around and visiting a Club outside your home base, it’s the quickest way to discover what’s in store. (And it’s also fun reading!)
Should you have any questions, please reach out by replying to this email. Thank you for being a member of the Bay Club community, and we look forward to seeing you this week!
Bay Club Portland