Your Weekly Redwood Shores Club Update: April 11, 2022
We’re excited to announce that we will be resurfacing Tennis Courts 5, 6, and 7 next week to complement Courts 2, 3, and 4, which were resurfaced in a previous phase of the project. We will also be converting Court 1 into four dedicated Pickleball courts, up from the current layout of two courts. In order to complete the work, the affected courts will be closed beginning today, Monday, April 11, and are expected to reopen by the end of the week. Please note that these dates are subject to change due to rain delays. We’ll keep you informed of our progress.
Upcoming Happenings in 77 Social Club
Easter is a special time to gather with family and friends and enjoy a beautiful brunch. Ours is served buffet style with all your holiday favorites. Two seatings are offered at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm. $70 adults++ and $30++ kids ages 5-12. Make your reservation today by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Wine Dinner | Friday, April 22 | 5:30 pm-7:30 pm
A night of fantastic food and French wine. Enjoy a 4-course dinner with wine pairings from Provence. This event is ideal for couples or groups that love exploring new, delicious options in pairing food & delicious wine. $65 per person. Wine greeting at 5:30 pm first course served at 6:00 pm. For additional information or to RSVP, contact us at email@example.com. Family Programming
Sign up for the events below on Bay Club Connect.
Spring Break Camp | Monday-Friday, April 18-22
School’s out—join us for Spring Break Camp at Bay Club! Your kids will have a great time at one of our exciting day camps making lasting memories with new friends. Camps run from 9:00 am-4:00 pm and are designed for ages 5-12 years old. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Date Night | Friday, April 22 | 5:00 pm- 8:00 pm
Enjoy an evening at the Club with dinner at 77 Social or have drinks by the pool while your children have a blast with their friends in childcare! We’ll show a kid-approved movie, games, crafts, and enjoy a pizza dinner.
Summer Camp Registration is Open!
Summer camp’s around the corner. There’ll be fun, games, and even specific sport-focused activities like tennis to instill your budding athletes with the skills, techniques, and strategies to play their best game. Registration’s open now for spring and summer. View week-by-week availability in Bay Club Connect. To learn more about our offerings, click here.
- Pickleball Challenge Court | Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 pm-9:00 pm
- A great opportunity to meet and play against fellow pickleball players. Complimentary.
- Pickleball Social | Fridays from 6:00 pm-8:30 pm
- Start your weekend right with this fun and popular event. Join other pickleball enthusiasts by having fun playing pickleball while getting some good exercise. Complimentary.
- Tuesday’s Beginner Pickleball Clinic and Matchplay from 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- New to the sport? Come to our Beginner Clinic at Bay Club Redwood Shores on Tuesdays at 10:00 am on Court 1. Then, practice what you learned in match play from 11:00 am-12:00 pm. $25 per class or $200 for a 10-pack. Email email@example.com for details.
- Thursday’s Intermediate/Advanced Pickleball Clinic and Matchplay from 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- Meet at Bay Club Redwood Shores every Thursday from 10:00 am-12:00 pm to learn the fundamentals. You’ll learn the rules and be proficient in no time! The first hour will be a clinic format, and the second hour allows you to put what you learned to the test! $25 per class or $200 for a 10-pack. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Pickleball Challenge Court | Sundays from 9:00 am-1:00 pm
- Test your pickleball skills against other players. You’ll have a great time meeting others and getting some great exercise. Complimentary.
We look forward to hosting the following activities for those with a Club West Gold membership or above. All events will take place on Courts 5, 6, and 7.
- TGIF is Back: Friday, April 8, from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Join the Redwood Shores Tennis team as we host TGIF. Come on out and enjoy some fun, social, yet competitive doubles. When the tennis matches are done, sit back, relax and enjoy snacks and drinks. This is a complimentary adult event. Space is limited, so sign up quickly. Registration is required to attend by emailing email@example.com.
- Challenge Court: Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 am–1:00 pm
- Silver Servers Beginner’s Clinic: Mondays from 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
- Learn the fundamentals of tennis, get some great exercise, and have fun! Cost: $34 per class or $130 for a 5 pack. Sign up firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mixed Doubles Round Robin: Mondays from 6:00 pm–8:00 pm (Sign-ups required as space is limited.)
- Cardio Tennis: This fast-paced, high-energy class incorporates fun tennis drills and games guaranteed to get your heart pumping! Classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00 pm–7:00 pm with Joe Simpson. $130 for a 5-week session or $34 per class for drop-ins, space permitting. For additional information or to sign up, contact Joe at email@example.com.
Thank you for your patience as we work to make some physical upgrades to the Café space. We’re excited for our grand reopening in May! Look for more details coming soon.
Spa Now Open
The Spa has reopened at Bay Club Redwood Shores. Service hours are Thursday through Sunday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm by appointment. To schedule an appointment, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, leave us a message at (650) 593-2900, or send us a text request at (650) 285-0777.
April Club Perk
Looking to increase your mental toughness? Our April Perk was made for you! MTILive.io is like a fitness class for your mind that helps you perform your best when it matters most. Each week, Certified Mental Trainers® teach you proven tools to get the most out of yourself, and achieve your dreams, with a community of like-minded people. As a Bay Club member, your first session is free, then you get 25% off your first 2 months! Discover more here.
Fresh from the glow of beachfront yoga, Marissa heads back to the mat in this month’s Marissa Tries. This time, she’s joined by furry friends named Doc and Gizmo. Bends and lunges take on a new dimension when paired with the prancing and pawing of little hooves. Yes, it’s goat yoga! Sweet baby goats bring animal magnetism to the studio in this special class held at select locations. They’re so cute, it could be tough to say good baaaaa. See the video here.
We’re Growing Our Team for Summer!
We’re looking for talented, customer service-focused individuals to join us this summer. Here are some of the seasonal positions we’re hiring for throughout our Clubs:
- Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
- Tennis and Squash Pros
- Operations Associates
- Camp Counselors
Employees will earn great perks, such as Club membership, competitive compensation, Club discounts, and team culture. If you know someone who would like to join our summer crew, have them visit our careers page here. And stop by the Clubs this spring as we host Job Fairs! Bay Club Redwood Shores’ Job Fairs will be held on Wednesday, April 20, from 5:30 pm-7:30 pm, Saturday, May 14 from 11:00 am-1:00 pm, and Wednesday, May 18 from 5:30 pm-7:30 pm. If you are interested in attending, please fill out this form.
Stay in the Know
If you want to keep up with special events and activities at other Bay Club locations, we make it easy for you to find the info. All Weekly Updates get posted on our website. Follow this link to view them at a glance. When you’re traveling around and visiting a Club outside your home base, it’s the quickest way to discover what’s in store. (And it’s also fun reading!)
Should you have any questions, please reach out by replying to this email. Thank you for being a member of the Bay Club community, and we look forward to seeing you this week!
Senior Vice President