Your Weekly Redwood Shores Club Update: April 25, 2022
The end of April is approaching; although there have been a few showers, we look forward to May’s arrival with more flowers. It’s a great time to visit as we prepare for summer. With a Shared Membership, everyone can experience all that the Club has to offer. There are endless activities to enjoy with family and friends—from fun events to new classes. Drop by the Club and join the fun!
Summer Readiness Projects
Summer will soon be here, and we’re sprucing up the Club to get ready! Here’s what’s happening over the next couple of weeks.
- We’re excited to announce that our Tennis and Pickleball projects are now complete, and all courts are open for use! We hope you enjoy the resurfaced Tennis Courts and four dedicated Pickleball Courts. Be on the lookout for additional upgrades coming in the following months including new nets, windscreens, benches, and more.
- You can expect pool deck resurfacing and refreshed furnishings all around the property. Look for more details coming soon.
- We continue to make physical upgrades to the Café space—and we’re excited for our grand reopening in May.
As always, dates are subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen events. We thank you for your patience as we work to make improvements on the property!
SAVE THE DATE!
Saturday, May 7, 4:00 pm-7:00 pm
Our members are the best thing about the Bay Club. Join us for a summer party as we celebrate you and our community. Bring your family and friends for a party full of complimentary food, drinks*, music, entertainment, and lots of fun. Event festivities include a taco bar, ice cream truck, face painting, bounce house, obstacle course, arts & crafts, ping-pong, a movie screening, photo booth, a poolside DJ, WIBIT inflatable in the pool, water slide, a tennis & pickleball mixer, and more. Guests are welcome. We can’t wait to celebrate with you, and thank you to all our wonderful members! RSVP here.
*Alcoholic beverages available for purchase
Property Updates for Saturday, May 7:
To accommodate this event, please be advised that the following spaces will close at 2:00 pm:
- Studios 1 & 2
- Basketball Gym
- IGNITE Studio
- 77 Social Lounge & Patio
- Back Family Pool
Additionally, the following fitness classes will not take place and will resume on Saturday, May 14:
- Youth Movement | 3:30 pm
- True Barre | 5:00 pm
- Vinyasa Yoga | 6:00 pm
Battle of the Paddle
Saturday, April 30 | All day
Join us for our first Pickleball tournament. Match your skills with other players and compete in a round-robin format in Men’s or Woman’s beginner, intermediate, or advanced matches. Tournament game times will be announced after registration closes. Registration is open until April 28. For additional information, contact Armando at firstname.lastname@example.org or Alan at email@example.com. The tournament fee is $50 for members and $60 for guests. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Happenings in 77 Social Club
We hope you’ll join us!
Mother’s Day Brunch | Sunday, May 8 | 11:00 am
Join us for brunch to celebrate Mother’s Day in elegance. Indulge in your favorite dishes with a special menu. For additional information or to RSVP, contact us at email@example.com.
Sign up for the events below on Bay Club Connect.
Summer Camp Registration is Open!
Summer camp’s around the corner. There’ll be fun, games, and even specific sport-focused activities like tennis to instill your budding athletes with the skills, techniques, and strategies to play their best game. Registration’s open now for spring and summer. View week-by-week availability in Bay Club Connect. To learn more about our offerings, click here.
Come on out and play on our dedicated Pickleball Courts at both Bay Club Redwood Shores and Broadway Tennis. You can make a court reservation in Bay Club Connect or join us for one of the programs below.
- Pickleball Challenge Court | Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 pm-9:00 pm
- A great opportunity to meet and play against fellow pickleball players. Complimentary.
- Pickleball Social | Fridays from 6:00 pm-8:30 pm
- Start your weekend right with this fun and popular event. Join other pickleball enthusiasts by having fun playing pickleball while getting some good exercise. Complimentary.
- Tuesday’s Beginner Pickleball Clinic and Matchplay from 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- New to the sport? Come to our Beginner Clinic at Bay Club Redwood Shores on Tuesdays at 10:00 am on Court 1. Then, practice what you learned in match play from 11:00 am-12:00 pm. $25 per class or $200 for a 10-pack. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Thursday’s Intermediate/Advanced Pickleball Clinic and Matchplay from 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- Meet at Bay Club Redwood Shores every Thursday from 10:00 am-12:00 pm to learn the fundamentals. You’ll learn the rules and be proficient in no time! The first hour will be a clinic format, and the second hour allows you to put what you learned to the test! $25 per class or $200 for a 10-pack. Email email@example.com for details.
- Pickleball Challenge Court | Sundays from 9:00 am-1:00 pm
- Test your pickleball skills against other players. You’ll have a great time meeting others and getting some great exercise. Complimentary.
We look forward to hosting the following activities for those with a Club West Gold membership or above. All events will take place on Courts 5, 6, and 7.
- TGIF is Back: Friday, May 13, from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Join the Redwood Shores Tennis team as we host TGIF. Come on out and enjoy some fun, social, yet competitive doubles. When the tennis matches are done, sit back, relax and enjoy snacks and drinks. This is a complimentary adult event. Space is limited, so sign up quickly. Registration is required to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Challenge Court: Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 am–1:00 pm
- Silver Servers Beginner’s Clinic: Mondays from 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
- Learn the fundamentals of tennis, get some great exercise, and have fun! Cost: $34 per class or $130 for a 5 pack. Sign up by emailing Marisa at email@example.com.
- Mixed Doubles Round Robin: Mondays from 6:00 pm–8:00 pm (Sign-ups required as space is limited by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Cardio Tennis: This fast-paced, high-energy class incorporates fun tennis drills and games guaranteed to get your heart pumping! Classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00 pm–7:00 pm with Joe Simpson. $130 for a 5-week session or $34 per class for drop-ins, space permitting. For additional information or to sign up, contact Joe at email@example.com.
Spa Now Open
The Spa has reopened at Bay Club Redwood Shores. Service hours are Thursday through Sunday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm by appointment. To schedule an appointment, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, leave us a message at (650) 593-2900, or send us a text request at (650) 285-0777.
Cell Phone Etiquette
A courtesy reminder that cell phone use has an impact on the quality of the member experience and privacy. Cell phone use is permitted in the main lobby and outdoor areas. Please refrain from conversations on speakerphone, FaceTime/video calls in shared spaces, cell phone use in locker rooms, steam, sauna, and group fitness studios. Additionally, only silent phone use (no phone calls) is allowed on the fitness floor. Thank you for your consideration and cooperation.
April Club Perk
Looking to increase your mental toughness? Our April Perk was made for you! MTILive.io is like a fitness class for your mind that helps you perform your best when it matters most. Each week, Certified Mental Trainers® teach you proven tools to get the most out of yourself, and achieve your dreams, with a community of like-minded people. As a Bay Club member, your first session is free, then you get 25% off your first 2 months! Discover more here.
We’re Growing Our Team for Summer!
We’re looking for talented, customer service-focused individuals to join us this summer. Here are some of the seasonal positions we’re hiring for throughout our Clubs:
- Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
- Tennis and Squash Pros
- Operations Associates
- Camp Counselors
Employees will earn great perks, such as Club membership, competitive compensation, Club discounts, and team culture. If you know someone who would like to join our summer crew, have them visit our careers page here. And stop by the Clubs this spring as we host Job Fairs! Bay Club Redwood Shores’ Job Fairs will be held on Saturday, May 14 from 11:00 am-1:00 pm, and Wednesday, May 18 from 5:30 pm-7:30 pm. If you are interested in attending, please fill out this form.
Stay in the Know
If you want to keep up with special events and activities at other Bay Club locations, we make it easy for you to find the info. All Weekly Updates get posted on our website. Follow this link to view them at a glance. When you’re traveling around and visiting a Club outside your home base, it’s the quickest way to discover what’s in store. (And it’s also fun reading!)
Should you have any questions, please reach out by replying to this email. Thank you for being a member of the Bay Club community, and we look forward to seeing you this week!
Senior Vice President