Your Weekly Redwood Shores Club Update: May 2, 2022
May has finally arrived! From Cinco de Mayo to Mother’s Day and Memorial Day, there are many reasons to celebrate this month at the Club. Try out a new fitness class or spend a relaxing day with mom. No matter what you’re celebrating, we’ve got exciting activities and events planned all month long. So, join us at the Club as we gear up for summer.
Summer Readiness Projects
Summer will soon be here, and we’re sprucing up the Club to get ready! Here’s what’s happening over the next couple of weeks.
- We’re excited to announce that our Tennis and Pickleball projects are now complete, and all courts are open for use! We hope you enjoy the resurfaced Tennis Courts and four dedicated Pickleball Courts. Be on the lookout for additional upgrades coming in the following months including new nets, windscreens, benches, and more.
- You can expect pool deck resurfacing and refreshed furnishings all around the property. Look for more details coming soon.
- We continue to make physical upgrades to the Café space—and we’re excited for our grand reopening this month.
As always, dates are subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen events. We thank you for your patience as we work to make improvements on the property!
Bay Club Fiesta Party!
Saturday, May 7, 4:00 pm-7:00 pm
Our members are the best thing about the Bay Club. Join us for a summer party as we celebrate you and our community. Bring your family and friends for a party full of complimentary food, drinks*, music, entertainment, and lots of fun. Event festivities include a taco bar, ice cream truck, face painting, bounce house, obstacle course, arts & crafts, ping-pong, a movie screening, photo booth, a poolside DJ, WIBIT inflatable in the pool, water slide, a tennis & pickleball mixer, and more. Guests are welcome. We can’t wait to celebrate with you, and thank you to all our wonderful members! RSVP here.
*Alcoholic beverages available for purchase
Property Updates for Saturday, May 7:
To accommodate this event, please be advised that the following spaces will close at 2:00 pm:
- Studios 1 & 2
- Basketball Gym
- IGNITE Studio
- 77 Social Lounge & Patio
- Back Family Pool
Additionally, the following fitness classes will not take place and will resume on Saturday, May 14:
- Youth Movement | 3:30 pm
- True Barre | 5:00 pm
- Vinyasa Yoga | 6:00 pm
Upcoming Happenings in 77 Social Club
We hope you’ll join us!
Mother’s Day Brunch | Sunday, May 8 | 11:00 am
Join us for brunch to celebrate Mother’s Day in elegance. Indulge in your favorite dishes with a special menu. For additional information or to RSVP, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life at Bay Club Camp
Wonder what it’s like to be a Bay Club camper? Summer at the Club is full of fun, adventurous days filled with games, sports, art, and even hands-on activities like obstacle courses. Click here to learn more about what makes our camps so special. Registration is still open for the summer. Visit Bay Club Connect for week-by-week availability and to register!
Come on out and play on our dedicated Pickleball Courts at both Bay Club Redwood Shores and Broadway Tennis. You can make a court reservation in Bay Club Connect or join us for one of the programs below.
- Pickleball Challenge Court | Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 pm-9:00 pm
- A great opportunity to meet and play against fellow pickleball players. Complimentary.
- Pickleball Social | Fridays from 6:00 pm-8:30 pm
- Start your weekend right with this fun and popular event. Join other pickleball enthusiasts by having fun playing pickleball while getting some good exercise. Complimentary.
- Tuesday’s Beginner Pickleball Clinic and Matchplay from 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- New to the sport? Come to our Beginner Clinic at Bay Club Redwood Shores on Tuesdays at 10:00 am on Court 1. Then, practice what you learned in match play from 11:00 am-12:00 pm. $25 per class or $200 for a 10-pack. Email email@example.com for details.
- Thursday’s Intermediate/Advanced Pickleball Clinic and Matchplay from 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- Meet at Bay Club Redwood Shores every Thursday from 10:00 am-12:00 pm to learn the fundamentals. You’ll learn the rules and be proficient in no time! The first hour will be a clinic format, and the second hour allows you to put what you learned to the test! $25 per class or $200 for a 10-pack. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Pickleball Challenge Court | Sundays from 9:00 am-1:00 pm
- Test your pickleball skills against other players. You’ll have a great time meeting others and getting some great exercise. Complimentary.
We look forward to hosting the following activities for those with a Club West Gold membership or above. All events will take place on Courts 5, 6, and 7.
- TGIF is Back: Friday, May 13, from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Join the Redwood Shores Tennis team as we host TGIF. Come on out and enjoy some fun, social, yet competitive doubles. When the tennis matches are done, sit back, relax and enjoy snacks and drinks. This is a complimentary adult event. Space is limited, so sign up quickly. Registration is required to attend by emailing email@example.com.
- Challenge Court: Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 am–1:00 pm
- Silver Servers Beginner’s Clinic: Mondays from 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
- Learn the fundamentals of tennis, get some great exercise, and have fun! Cost: $34 per class or $130 for a 5 pack. Sign up by emailing Marisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mixed Doubles Round Robin: Mondays from 6:00 pm–8:00 pm (Sign-ups required as space is limited by emailing email@example.com.)
- Cardio Tennis: This fast-paced, high-energy class incorporates fun tennis drills and games guaranteed to get your heart pumping! Classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00 pm–7:00 pm with Joe Simpson. $130 for a 5-week session or $34 per class for drop-ins, space permitting. For additional information or to sign up, contact Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spa Now Open
The Spa has reopened at Bay Club Redwood Shores. Service hours are Thursday through Sunday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm by appointment. To schedule an appointment, email your request to email@example.com, leave us a message at (650) 593-2900, or send us a text request at (650) 285-0777.
Cell Phone Etiquette
A courtesy reminder that cell phone use has an impact on the quality of the member experience and privacy. Cell phone use is permitted in the main lobby and outdoor areas. Please refrain from conversations on speakerphone, FaceTime/video calls in shared spaces, cell phone use in locker rooms, steam, sauna, and group fitness studios. Additionally, only silent phone use (no phone calls) is allowed on the fitness floor. Thank you for your consideration and cooperation.
May Club Perk
Need to relieve tension and relax sore muscles? Hyperice’s lineup of products can help you relax after a long workout or bounce back from an injury, so you can spend more time doing what you love. This month, Bay Club members can enjoy 15% off all products. Enter code BAYCLUBHYPE15 during checkout. Shop here.
Riding with a Purpose
This month’s Marissa Tries is all about cycling for a great cause. Featuring some of the best instructors in the South Bay, Tour de Pier is a fundraising event that raises money for cancer charities. Get a sneak peek into last year’s event to catch Marissa in a cycling session full of music and lively energy. Watch the video here.
We’re Growing Our Team for Summer!
We’re looking for talented, customer service-focused individuals to join us this summer. Here are some of the seasonal positions we’re hiring for throughout our Clubs:
- Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
- Tennis and Squash Pros
- Operations Associates
- Camp Counselors
Employees will earn great perks, such as Club membership, competitive compensation, Club discounts, and team culture. If you know someone who would like to join our summer crew, have them visit our careers page here. And stop by the Clubs this spring as we host Job Fairs! Bay Club Redwood Shores’ Job Fairs will be held on Saturday, May 14 from 11:00 am-1:00 pm, and Wednesday, May 18 from 5:30 pm-7:30 pm. If you are interested in attending, please fill out this form.
Stay in the Know
If you want to keep up with special events and activities at other Bay Club locations, we make it easy for you to find the info. All Weekly Updates get posted on our website. Follow this link to view them at a glance. When you’re traveling around and visiting a Club outside your home base, it’s the quickest way to discover what’s in store. (And it’s also fun reading!)
Should you have any questions, please reach out by replying to this email. Thank you for being a member of the Bay Club community, and we look forward to seeing you this week!
Senior Vice President