Your Weekly Redwood Shores Club Update: September 3, 2021
It’s Labor Day Weekend, and the Bay Club is the place to be! Join us as we say farewell to Summer and hello to Fall. Come celebrate by the pool, or perhaps play a friendly round of pickleball. It’s always exciting—the transition from one season to another—and the clubs will be buzzing with energy this weekend. Read on for all the details of what’s coming up in the days and weeks ahead.
Labor Day Weekend Fun in The Shores
- Poolside BBQ Saturday, Sunday, and Monday from 12:00 pm-3:00 pm.
- The waterslide is open all weekend from 12:00 pm-5:00 pm.
- 77 Social Lounge is open Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 pm–8:00 pm, and Monday bar service from 12:00 pm-5:00 pm.
Labor Day Group Fitness Schedule: Monday, September 6
- 8:00 am | Body Pump Up the Iron with Amy | Studio 1
- 9:00 am | Celebration Spin with Stephanie | Studio 2
- 9:00 am | Combat Camp with Zahra | Studio 1
- 10:00 am | IGNITE Your Fight with Zahra | Studio 1
- 11:15 am | Slow Flow & Mental Mindfulness with Christine | Studio 1
- 12:15 pm | U-Jam Dance Jam with Stephanie | Studio 1
A Look Ahead: Wednesday, September 15 and 29
- WIBIT Wednesday continues. Play on with the WIBIT inflatable obstacle course in the Family Pool from 5:00 pm–7:00 pm.
- Cantina Night…poolside! Leave the cooking to us and enjoy dinner as a family–crafts for the kiddos, too.
Pool Etiquette and Reminders
- Showers must be taken before entering any of our pools. Outdoor showers are available for your convenience at all outdoor pool locations.
- Outside food and drinks (including alcohol) are not permitted. For your convenience, we have food and beverage options available for purchase in the café, 77, and the outdoor adult bar.
- All non-potty-trained swimmers must wear three layers: A swim diaper, reusable plastic pants (tight-fitting around the legs), plus a swimsuit. Please make sure children use the restroom before they swim and encourage them to take a restroom break at least every hour.
Marissa Tries Golf
On the newest episode of our ongoing video series, Marissa Tries, our fearless VP of Brand Marketing dares to go where she has never gone before: a golf course! Pairing up for lessons with Golf Pro Alex Franklin, Marissa visits the lush greens of Bay Club StoneTree. Will she hit a hole-in-one? Tune in here to find out.
Court Sport Bookings
As a reminder, you can now book courts directly from Bay Club Connect. We’ve eliminated the step of having to sign in to Tennis Source, making the process quicker and more efficient! Reserve your court, invite a friend to join you, and register for racquet sport events—all from one place! You’ll also enjoy the more modern look/feel and easy-to-use interface. Click here to watch our how-to video.
Café Now Open
The Café is currently open Monday-Friday from 11:00 am-4:00 pm, and Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 am-4:00 pm. Enjoy our new selection of menu items including smoothies, salads, kids’ options, and more. Grab and go items are also available in the lower lobby.
Expanded Hours in 77
77 is now open weekdays from 4:00 pm–9:00 pm, and Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00 pm-8:00 pm. (Please note that we have a limited menu on Mondays and Tuesdays to include bar bites and cocktails, and the full menu lineup Wednesday through Sunday.) Come on in!
We look forward to hosting the following activities for those with a Club West Gold membership or above. All events will take place on Courts 5, 6, and 7.
- Doubles Round Robin: Fridays from 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Challenge Court: Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 am–1:00 pm
- Mixed Doubles Round Robin: Mondays from 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
New in Group Fitness
We are thrilled to introduce our newest signature group fitness class, IGNITE. This 50-minute high-intensity interval training class works every single part of the body. With dynamic motions, you’ll not only be burning calories but building muscle and strength. Work your entire body with limited or no equipment and enjoy an effective cardio and strength training workout.
- IGNITE: Saturdays at 8:45 am with Steven | Fieldhouse Turf
PLUS—Try our new Ballroom Dance class on Tuesdays at 5:30 pm with Belicia in Studio 1.
Now’s the time to get started on your fitness goals. Get workouts that fit your schedule, ideas to keep your fitness routine fresh and fun, and learn the proper techniques to keep you safe and injury-free. If you’re new to training, we have one-on-one and small group sessions available. To get started, reply to this email and we’ll put you in touch with one of our professional personal trainers.
Fall ELEVATE Session Starting Soon
Time to ELEVATE your health! This signature 8-week program features 32 workouts, weekly one-on-one nutrition consultations, and regular progress check-ins. This private, results-driven, small group training program focuses on accountability from coaches and fellow participants. Don’t wait to start your fitness and nutrition journey, because these are key components to building and maintaining a strong immune system. The next session begins on September 7. Contact Neil at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Complimentary Childcare is available for up to three consecutive hours per day for those children who are included within a membership (as part of a Couple, Family, Club West, or Shared Membership). For those children who are not included on a membership, parents or guardians who are members may make childcare arrangements for a fee of $25 per session, for up to three consecutive hours per day. Childcare is not available to non-member families or their children.
Our Latest Mask Guidelines—AN UPDATE
Per the latest County mandate, all individuals are required to wear masks while indoors at the club, except while eating or drinking, actively engaged in water-based sports (e.g. swimming, swim lessons, diving), and other sports where masks create an imminent risk to health. Once water-based sports activity is completed, they should continue to wear masks in the club until exiting the facility. Please also note that our San Francisco locations will adhere to the proof of vaccination policy that has gone into effect for SF County. We will continue to monitor State and County safety updates across California and Oregon as they pertain to masks as well as the possible expansion of vaccination proof requirements. Thank you for your cooperation.
Should you have any questions, please reach out by replying to this email. Thank you for being a member of the Bay Club community and we look forward to seeing you this weekend!
Senior Vice President
Updated September 3, 2021