Important Updates from Your Club: Redwood Shores
As you plan your next visit to the Club, you’ll be excited to hear that general club reservations are no longer required–so drop on in whenever you can and stay for as long as you want! We look forward to seeing you.
Locker rooms are open! We hope you’ve enjoyed having the convenience of these spaces available, and expect steam rooms, saunas, and whirlpools to reopen this week.
More Club Updates…
Here’s what you need to know:
- Cardio, strength, and free weights: Including our new open-air fitness space! We will continue to update you as we adjust the location of the outdoor fitness equipment in the next week.
- Complimentary coffee and tea: Available in 77 Social Club until 10:00 am (in case you don’t see it in the lobby!)
- Lap swimming and recreational pool use: Available now. With the increase in demand, we’re creating a dedicated family space at the back pool, as we’ve done in previous seasons.
- Tennis: Available outdoor at Redwood Shores, and indoor at Broadway Tennis.
- Squash: Available now.
- Women’s and Men’s Locker Rooms: Available now, with full shower access and many of the vanity items you’ve always loved! Steam, sauna, and whirlpools will open when San Mateo County moves into the Yellow Tier.
- Group Fitness Classes: Available indoor and out.
- 77 Dining: Available indoor and outdoor on 77 Patio.
- Basketball: Available for individual play and pick-up games.
What We’re Excited About This Week
If you haven’t been to the Club in a while, welcome back! Please remember to have the Bay Club Connect app open on your mobile device upon check-in. And be sure to read on about a few of our favorite programs happening this week:
Pickleball: Join Coach Steve Miller in the gymnasium for a Pickleball Clinic every Thursday from 10:00 am-11:00 am at Bay Club Redwood Shores. He’ll give you the rundown of the game of pickleball, from learning the rules, how scoring works, and the general guidelines. When class ends at 11:00 am, there will be free play to test your new skills on the court! RSVP to email@example.com to get started.
Summer Camp: Registration now open on Bay Club Connect. Your camper will experience a variety of sports from aquatics and squash to basketball and tennis, and so much more. Our instructors will lead skill drills and games to develop sports fundamentals, with plenty of time for crafts, socialization, and group challenges to round out their experience!
Silver Servers Tennis Clinic: This intro to tennis program is designed for members who may have taken time away from the game, or are brand new to the sport. It’s a social, active, and fun way to exercise. Reply to this email with any questions or interest in this daytime programming option!
Elevate: Elevate is our new and most comprehensive 8-week program designed to improve your body composition through strategic exercise, nutrition, and a community to keep you motivated. Elevate takes a 100% approach to health and wellness, with a dedicated coach and team of fitness professionals who help keep you on track toward real, measurable results. This program begins April 26 and there is still space available to claim your spot. For additional details, email Neil at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, be sure to ask about one-on-one training!
Aquatics: There has been a lot of interest in aquatics programming over the past week. Whether you want to join your little one in the water—ensuring their comfort and confidence—or your little fish is ready to work on stroke technique and speed, our professional coaches provide exceptional instruction with one-on-one and group lessons. To book time with a coach, email Laszlo at email@example.com.
Get Your Class On
Don’t forget to check out one of our spotlight classes of the week:
- BodyPump | Mondays | 5:30 pm
- U-JAM Fitness | Wednesdays | 6:35 pm
- Cycle | Fridays | 9:00 am
- Vinyasa Flow | Saturdays | 9:00 am
Visit the full schedule on Bay Club Connect. While most classes no longer require reservations, you can stay up to date on all of our offerings by viewing through the app.
A Final Note…
Just a reminder that reservations are not required to visit. Our expansive spaces and distanced equipment offer plenty of room to move around comfortably—and we have more than enough amenities to go around! However, we do recommend that you confirm your space in our more impacted group exercise classes through Bay Club Connect.
Our updated mask guidelines, in accordance with the department of health, are as follows: Masks are required to be worn indoors at all times unless you are actively exercising and practicing social distancing. When walking from one space to the next, your face covering must be worn.
While outdoors, masks are required when you are not able to maintain social distance from persons outside your household.
Should you have any questions, please reach out by replying to this email. Thank you for being a member of the Bay Club Community and we look forward to seeing you this week!
Senior Vice President
Updated April 12, 2021