Your Weekly San Francisco Club Update: May 2, 2022
May has finally arrived! From Cinco de Mayo to Mother’s Day and Memorial Day, there are many reasons to celebrate this month at the Club. Try out a new fitness class or spend a relaxing day with mom. No matter what you’re celebrating, we’ve got exciting activities and events planned all month long. So, join us at the Club as we gear up for summer.
SAVE THE DATE!
Sunday, May 15, 6:30 am-8:30 am
Our members are the best thing about the Bay Club. Join us for a 70’s theme Bay to Breakers Pre-Party at Bay Club Gateway. Bring your friends for complimentary breakfast burritos, mimosas, bloody Marys, a dance party, and a live DJ. Guests are welcome. Gateway is located conveniently 10 minutes from the start line for Bay to Breakers—we can’t wait to celebrate with you, and thank you to all our wonderful members! RSVP here.
San Francisco Campus Free Guest Friday
Bring a complimentary guest to any of our San Francisco Clubs this Friday, May 6! We are also hosting a complimentary food and beverage happy hour at Gateway from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm, and at Bay Club San Francisco from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm to accompany our Squash Round Robin Friday Tournament.
Spring Junior Programming Has Started!
Registration is open for all after-school classes including Bay Club Gateway’s Junior Academy Tennis, Swim School, and Swim Team classes. All live on Bay Club Connect.
League plays on Saturdays at 12:00 pm
Bay Club San Francisco’s Cornhole League has begun! If you’re interested in signing up for paired play, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or stop by the Front Desk.
Mother’s Day Brunch
8:00 am-11:00 am | Sunday, May 8
Bring your mom to the club—on us! Bay Club San Francisco will have a complimentary brunch bar in the lobby from 8:00 am-11:00 am.
Introducing Max-4 Training
Want to increase lean tissue while burning fat or improve your balance and stability? We are pleased to introduce Max-4, a heavy lifting and strength-building program suitable for all fitness levels; weightlifting experience is not required. Participants work with a partner under the guidance of a certified coach and receive support from fellow members to achieve maximal strength while improving their overall health. View the class schedule and sign up on Bay Club Connect.
Bay Club Gateway Updates
Thank you for your patience as we made improvements and consolidations to our cardio and strength amenities at Bay Club Gateway. Along with improved tenting and lighting, we have added a Smith Machine, an assisted dip and pull-up machine, and a larger set of dumbbells. Please also enjoy the expanded pool-side seating lawn and new furnishings.
Featured Programming This Week
Bay Club Financial District
- Tuesday, May 3 | IGNITE with Winnie | 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 3 | Yoga with Mark | 6:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 4 | IGNITE with Winnie | 6:45 am
- Thursday, May 5 | IGNITE with Winnie | 5:30 pm
- Thursday, May 5 | Yoga with Mark | 6:30 pm
- Friday, May 6 | IGNITE with Winnie | 6:45 am
Bay Club San Francisco
- New! Monday, May 2 | Max-4 with David | 5:00 pm
- New! Tuesday, May 3 | IGNITE with Hillary | 7:15 am
- New! Tuesday, May 3 | Max-4 with Pat | 5:30 pm
- New! Tuesday, May 3 | Dance with Romina | 6:30 pm
- New! Wednesday, May 4 | Max-4 with Michael | 7:00 pm
- New! Thursday, May 5 | Rooftop Bootcamp with David | 12:30 pm
- New! Friday, May 6 | Rooftop Rise & Ride with Andres | 8:00 am
- New! Friday, May 6 | Max-4 with Hillary | 7:30 am
- New! Sunday, May 8 | Max-4 with Hillary | 10:00 am
- New FIIGHT times! Please check the schedule for new FIIGHT times. We’ve updated our class times to work better with member schedules early in the mornings and later in the evenings.
Bay Club Gateway
- New Pickleball offerings!
- All Level Open Play | Daily | 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- Mondays | Pickleball & Pastries | 12:00 pm-2:00 pm
- Mondays | Beginner-Intermediate Open Play | 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Tuesdays | Intermediate-Advanced Open Play | 12:00 pm-2:00 pm
- Thursdays | All Level Open Play | 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Saturdays | Family Open Play | 2:00 pm-4:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 3 | Masters Swim | 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 4 | Masters Swim | 7:00 am
- Thursday, May 5 | Masters Swim | 12:30 pm & 6:00 pm
- Thursday, May 5 | Pickleball Open Play | 5:30 pm
- Friday, May 6 | Tennis Adult Clinic 3.0-3.5 Skills & Drills | 12:00 pm
- Friday, May 6 | 1st Friday Member Social | 5:00 pm-7:00 pm
- Friday, May 6 | Free Guest Day
- Saturday, May 7 | Challenge Court | 12:00 pm-3:00 pm
- Sunday, May 8 | Challenge Court | 12:00 pm-3:00 pm
Bay Club South San Francisco
Junior Spring Break Tennis Camp begins this week! And as a reminder, Private Tennis Lessons are also available.
New! 90-Minute Tennis Clinics | $55 each
- Wednesday, May 4 | 3.0-3.5 Tennis Clinic | 10:00 am
- Wednesday, May 4 | 3.5-4.0 Tennis Clinic | 11:30 am
- Friday, May 6 | 3.5-4.0 Tennis Clinic | 11:30 am
- Friday, May 6 | 3.5-4.0 Tennis Clinic | 5:30 pm
- Sunday, May 8 | 3.0-3.5 Tennis Clinic | 9:00 am
- Sunday, May 8 | 3.5-4.0 Tennis Clinic | 10:30 am
To reserve your space in any of these events, visit Bay Club Connect.
May Club Perk
Need to relieve tension and relax sore muscles? Hyperice’s lineup of products can help you relax after a long workout or bounce back from an injury, so you can spend more time doing what you love. This month, Bay Club members can enjoy 15% off all products. Enter code BAYCLUBHYPE15 during checkout. Shop here.
Riding with a Purpose
This month’s Marissa Tries is all about cycling for a great cause. Featuring some of the best instructors in the South Bay, Tour de Pier is a fundraising event that raises money for cancer charities. Get a sneak peek into last year’s event to catch Marissa in a cycling session full of music and lively energy. Watch the video here.
We’re Growing Our Team for Summer!
We’re looking for talented, customer service-focused individuals to join us this summer. Here are some of the seasonal positions we’re hiring for throughout our Clubs:
- Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
- Tennis and Squash Pros
- Operations Associates
- Camp Counselors
Employees will earn great perks, such as Club membership, competitive compensation, Club discounts, and team culture. If you know someone who would like to join our summer crew, have them visit our careers page here. And stop by the Clubs this spring as we host Job Fairs! Bay Club San Francisco’s Job Fairs will be held on Saturday, May 14 from 11:00 am-1:00 pm, and Wednesday, May 18 from 5:30 pm-7:30 pm. If you are interested in attending, please fill out this form.
Stay in the Know
If you want to keep up with special events and activities at other Bay Club locations, we make it easy for you to find the info. All Weekly Updates get posted on our website. Follow this link to view them at a glance. When you’re traveling around and visiting a Club outside your home base, it’s the quickest way to discover what’s in store. (And it’s also fun reading!)
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Senior Vice President
San Francisco Campus