Your Weekly San Francisco Club Update: November 7, 2022
As the first week of November comes to a close, we’ve got so much to look forward to for the rest of the month. From family-friendly programming to sports leagues to football watch parties and beyond, you’re sure to have a blast here at the Bay Club.
What’s Happening This Week
Bay Club San Francisco:
Squash Round Robin
Friday, November 11
Round Robin returns at 5:15 pm. No sign-up is needed.
BCSF Basketball and Beer 3 x 3 Tournament
Wednesday, November 16 from 5:00 pm-9:00 pm
Join us for a 3-on-3 tournament and a Warriors Watch Party! Sign-Up here to secure your spot. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Winter Basketball League Sign-Ups are now open!
The league starts on January 16 and will run for 6 weeks on Mondays (A-League) and Wednesdays (B-League) with games from 6:00 pm-10:00 pm. Please complete the required form here by January 7, 2023. Spots are limited. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
We’re looking for talented Racquet Sport instructors! If you know any squash, tennis or pickleball professionals who would be interested in joining the Bay Club family, please connect them with Jason Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rooftop Etiquette: As we enter the winter and spring months, the roof may be closed due to weather. We ask that you please follow signage and do not go on the roof if it is closed. It is for the safety of all members.
- Locker Room Etiquette: As a reminder, cell phone use is absolutely not permitted in the locker rooms, including the sauna, steam room and hot tub. Please do your part to respect other members using the facilities.
- Swimming Etiquette: It is required to rinse your body in the showers before entering the pool. Additionally, if there is a wait time for the pool, you are limited to 30 minutes of swim time.
- Parking Garage Etiquette: Please remember to place your parking slip face up on your car’s dashboard displaying your member number while you are parked in the Bay Club Parking Garage. As a reminder, members and guests using the facilities are allowed to park in the garage up to 3 hours.
Bay Club Gateway:
Thanksgiving Weekday Camp
Sign your kiddo up for camp during Thanksgiving week camp on November 21, 22, 23, and 25. Flexible date options are available for kids to enjoy tennis, swimming, pickleball, arts and crafts, and making new friends. All on Bay Club Connect under “Kids Programming”.
Take advantage of great discounts. 50% off all swim toys, sandals and other select items.
Don’t miss our November & December programs. Officially available for registration at Bay Club Connect under “Sports & Fitness Clinics”.
- Pool Closure Reminder| The pool will be closed from November 1 through November 20. Please reach out to Janelle Slightam at email@example.com for any concerns or questions regarding how this affects swim school, swim team, and private lessons.
- Swim School| Monday through Friday 3:30 pm-6:00 pm with beginner to advanced classes offered daily! Visit the Bay Club Connect app for specific class details.
- Swim Teamat The Gateway and Bay Club San Francisco | Offered with Coach Julie! Practices are held 2 to 3 days per week and up to 2 hours. Visit the Bay Club Connect app for specific class details.
- Private Lessons| For all ages/abilities We offer private adult lessons for beginners and advanced swimmers. Whether you’re training for masters or learning how to be more comfortable in the water, we will help you achieve your goal! For any questions regarding swimming lessons, please contact our Aquatics Director, Janelle, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lap Swim Etiquette| Quick friendly reminder that all lanes designated for lap swimming are only for continuous lap swimming. For all information regarding pool etiquette, please view the sign against the women’s locker room at The Gateway.
Pickleball Lessons Now Available
Ever wanted to pick up pickleball? Want to improve your game? We are now offering individual and semi-private lessons. Email Courtney.Patterson@bayclubs.com to schedule your lesson today!
The weather is perfect this time of year, and Gateway is the perfect spot for private events, offering one of the best spaces in the city to host birthday parties and corporate team-building events. Let us do the work for you and plan your kiddo’s birthday party, and organize a pickleball event or tennis clinic with your coworkers. Inquire at email@example.com for more information about our poolside offerings.
What’s Happening This Weekend
Bay Club South San Francisco | Sunday Challenge Court
Sundays | 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
Weston Reese hosts Round Robin rotational doubles play.
Save the Dates
Bay Club San Francisco:
- Tennis Challenge Court and Club Potluck. Bring your favorite foods for an old-style club potluck during our mixed doubles round-robin on November 26, 12:00 pm-3:00 pm.
- Snack and Shop: November 18, 5:00 pm-7:00 pm. Shop early for the holidays and enjoy a nibble.
- Beksan Designs Trunk Show: Join us for a trunk show on November 17, featuring the latest jewelry from Beksan Designs.
- Paint and Pinot: Friday, November 18. Relax with a glass of wine while creating your masterpiece.
Bay Club Financial District
Bagel Thursdays – Start your day bright and early with complimentary bagels in the Lobby.
Bay Club South San Francisco:
- Looking to meet more playing partners? Check out our daily challenge court offerings and sign up ahead of time on Bay Club Connect.
- New Ball Machine Rate | Ball machine rentals are now $4 for 30 minutes or $8 for a full 1-hour booking.
- Sunday Challenge Court | Sunday’s 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
- Weston Reese hosts round-robin rotational doubles play. Sign up on Bay Club Connect.
Bay Club Gateway Recreation Pool Closed November 1-November 20
Please be advised that the Recreation Pool (warm pool) at Bay Club Gateway will be closed for deck resurfacing beginning Tuesday, November 1 through Sunday, November 20.
The Lap Pool will remain open for use during this time, as will the pool at Bay Club San Francisco.
Classes and lessons will be moved to Bay Club San Francisco during this short time.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this project.
Your Courtesy and Consideration is Appreciated
We appreciate your common courtesy in the club. A few items to remember for you and your fellow members:
- We know you love our towels, so to make sure we always have plenty in stock for you to use while you are in the clubs, please be sure you drop your used towels in any of the towel return baskets
We love our little members and enjoy seeing them having fun using our childcare services! We would like to take the opportunity to remind you of some important childcare policies:
- Advanced reservations are required. We will only accommodate drop-ins if it is safe to do so.
- You can make reservations up to 7 days in advance. Please limit reservations to one visit per day.
- Please arrive promptly at your reservation time. Reservations will be automatically canceled after 15 minutes of the start time and made available to another member.
- Should you no longer require your reservation, please cancel it as soon as possible on Bay Club Connectunder Bookings. This will free up space for another family.
- Pick up your child(ren) promptly at the reservation end time. Use of our childcare services may be suspended for repeated violations.
Reminder: as of November 1st:
- No-shows or reservations canceled less than 24 hours in advance will incur a $25 fee.
Again, we love our Bay Club Families and are looking forward to an amazing holiday season with you all!
Club Life Newsletter
Senior Vice President
San Francisco Campus