Your Weekly San Francisco Club Update: November 21, 2022
Happy Thanksgiving! We’re so grateful you’re a member of our community, and we can’t wait to share with you all the fun, Turkey Day-themed events we’ve got in store. Join us this week for special classes, family events, and so much more to celebrate the holiday.
What’s Happening at the Club This Week?
Bay Club Gateway: 6:00 am-2:00 pm on Thanksgiving
Bay Club San Francisco: 7:00 am-2:00 pm on Thanksgiving Day
Bay Club South San Francisco: 8:00 am-2:00 pm
Bay Club Financial District:
– Closed Thanksgiving, November 24
– Closed Black Friday, November 25
Bay Club San Francisco:
Holiday Private Events
Host your office holiday event or team building meeting at Gateway this time of year! Let us do the work for you and plan your kiddo’s birthday party, organize a pickleball event or tennis clinic with your coworkers. Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our poolside offerings.
Squash Round Robin
Friday, November 25 | 5:15 pm
Winter Basketball League sign-ups are now open!
The league starts on January 16th and will run for 6 weeks on Mondays (A-League) and Wednesdays (B-League) with games from 6:00 pm-10:00 pm. Please complete the required form here by January 7, 2023. Spots are limited! Contact email@example.com with any questions.
We’re looking for talented Racquet Sport instructors! If you know any squash, tennis or pickleball professionals who would be interested in joining the Bay Club family, please connect them with Jason Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Swim School Families: Please remember that all children must be supervised in the locker rooms or while they are waiting for their lesson. No child of the opposite gender over 4 years old is allowed in the locker rooms. Please ask an associate at the front desk to show you the gender-neutral restroom located by the cardio machines.
– Rooftop Etiquette: As we enter the winter and spring months, the roof may be closed due to weather. We ask that you please follow signage and do not go on the roof if it is closed. It is for the safety of all members.
– Locker Room Etiquette: As a reminder, cell phone use is absolutely prohibited in the locker rooms, including the sauna, steam room and hot tub. Please do your part to respect other members using the facilities.
– Swimming Etiquette: It is required to rinse your body in the showers before entering the pools. Additionally, if there is a wait time for the pool you are limited to 30 minutes of swim time.
– Parking Garage Etiquette: Please remember to place your parking slip face up on your car’s dashboard displaying your member number while you are parked in the Bay Club Parking Garage. As a reminder, members and guests using the facilities are allowed to park in the garage up to 3 hours.
Thanksgiving Week Camp
It’s not too late to sign your kiddo up for camp during Thanksgiving week camp. Camp will be open on November 21, 22, 23, and 25. Flexible date options are available. Kids will enjoy tennis, swimming, pickleball, arts and crafts, and making new friends. Sign up on Bay Club Connect under “Kids Programming”.
Tennis Challenge Court and Club Potluck
Saturday, November 26 from 12:00 pm-3:00 pm
Bring your favorite foods for an old-style club potluck during our mixed doubles Round Robin.
Black Friday Sales at the Gateway Shop
Receive 15% off all items from 9:00 am-1:00 pm. Enjoy great savings on Travis Mathew hoodies, sweatshirts and backpacks, and a large selection of swim gear.
After School Aquatics
Don’t miss our November & December After-School Aquatics programs. Officially available for registration at Bay Club Connect under “Sports & Fitness Clinics”.
Pool Closure Reminder
November 1-November 20
Please reach out to Janelle Slightam for any concerns or questions regarding how this affects swim school, swim team, and private lessons.
Monday through Friday 3:30 pm-6:00 pm
Beginner to advanced classes offered daily. Visit the Bay Club Connect app for specific class details. *Currently offered at Bay Club San Francisco due to pool maintenance at Bay Club Gateway.
Swim Team at The Gateway and Bay Club San Francisco will be offered with Coach Julie! Practices are held 2 to 3 days per week and up to 2 hours. Visit the Bay Club Connect app for specific class details.
Save the Dates
Bay Club Gateway | Wreathing Workshop
Wednesday, November 30, 2022 | 5:30 pm -7:30 pm
Join our Wreathing Workshop with instructor Genevieve. You’ll have the opportunity to make a beautiful holiday wreath for your home while you socialize. Cost includes materials and light bites/refreshments. This event is open to members and non-members. Hurry, the workshop is limited to only 25 participants. Sign up with the front desk!
Bay Club San Francisco | 12 Days of Fitness
Begins December 1
Participate in 12 classes between December 1st and December 24th and receive a Bay Club branded T-Shirt. Sign-ups begin the final week of November -stay tuned for more details on how to participate.
Bay Club San Francisco | Holiday Party
Saturday, December 17, 5:00 pm-9:00 pm | Presidio Bowl
Sign-ups coming soon!
Bay Club Financial District:
Check out our Shop this week for some new items like Bay Club hats and hoodies by Travis Matthew.
Bagel Thursdays: Start your day bright and early with complimentary bagels in the Lobby.
Cell phone use impacts the quality of the member experience and their privacy. Cell phone use is permitted only in the Main Lobby.
– Please refrain from conversing on speaker phone or FaceTime in public gathering spaces.
– Silent cell phone use only (no phone calls) is permitted on the fitness floor. – Cell phone use is also not permitted in the locker rooms or the group exercise studios.
Bay Club South San Francisco:
Tennis Cardio Class
Thursday, November 24 at 9:00 am
Get a start on your Thanksgiving holiday with our Tennis Cardio Class. Register via Bay Club Connect.
Thanksgiving Challenge Court with Coach Thomas White
Thursday, November 24 | 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Pickleball and Pastries
Every Wednesday at 9:00 am
Come enjoy some friendly games and sweets on us.
Bay Club South San Francisco | Sunday Challenge Court
Sundays 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
Weston Reese hosts round-robin rotational doubles play.
Host an event at Bay Club South San Francisco!
Plan your next corporate or birthday party on any of our tennis or pickleball courts. Email Mike Lofberg, Club Manager, at email@example.com for more information.
Facilities and Operations Update
Bay Club San Francisco | Pool Deck Improvements
We are happy to announce that the Recreational pool (warm pool) at Bay Club Gateway will re-open on Sunday, November 20.
The Cold Lap Pool will be closed for deck resurfacing beginning Monday, November 21 through Friday, December 9. The Recreational pool (warm pool) will be available for use during this time, as will the pool at Bay Club San Francisco.
We appreciate your patience and understanding while we complete these projects.
Your Courtesy and Consideration is Appreciated
We appreciate your common courtesy in the Club. A few items to remember for you and your fellow members:
We know you love our towels, so to make sure we always have plenty in stock for you to use while you are in the clubs, please be sure you drop your used towels in any of the towel return baskets.
Club Life Newsletter
Senior Vice President
San Francisco Campus