Your Weekly Manhattan Country Club Update: June 13, 2022
June is in full swing, but there are still many reasons to gather at the Club this month! Stop by the Club to celebrate Father’s Day or relax with some poolside fun. You can even take dad out for a game of Pickleball and then recharge with an energizing snack. Check out our upcoming fitness classes and other family-friendly events and enjoy time with your favorite people.
What’s Happening at the Club This Week?
From swim team to water polo to swim lessons, our pool is full of energy. Click here for the complete pool schedule. Questions? Contact our Aquatics Director, Kyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Splashball is Back!
Fridays | 4:00 pm-4:15 pm | Ages 3-8
Our Splashball Program promotes water safety and fitness in an engaging environment. Come learn how to tread water and play water polo—bring your friends for extra fun.
Wednesday, June 15 | 5:00 pm-7:00 pm
Everyone’s a winner at the club. Join us for fun for the entire family.
Athletic Stretching is Here!
Wednesday, June 15 | 4:00 pm-7:00 pm
Thursday, June 16 | 9:00 am-1:00 pm
Come meet Jay Herron, certified personal trainer/massage therapist, for a 15-minute complimentary introduction to amazing body tissue work for much needed stretching and flexibility.
See What’s Happening This Weekend
Father’s Day Pool Party
Sunday, June 19 | 12:00 pm-3:00 pm
Join us to celebrate dad poolside—Wibit, pool games, drink and food specials, and fun giveaways. Grab a burger off the grill. You won’t want to miss out on all the fun!
Join Our Summer Pickleball Match Play
Log on to your TopDog account and click on “Activity Calendar” at the top of the page. Scroll through the weeks to select the individual days you want to join. For questions, contact our Tennis Director, Spencer at email@example.com.
Save the Dates
- Summer Camp Begins | Monday, June 13
- Bingo Night in the Atrium | Wednesday, June 15
- School’s Out Pool Party | Friday, June 17 | 12:00 pm-3:00 pm
- Laser Tag Night | Saturday, June 25
- Patriotic Round Robin | Friday, July 1 | 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Wear your red, white, and blue
- Annual Davis Cup Tournament | Saturday, July 16
- Create a team with your friends of three men and three women to compete against other teams as countries.
- Member Ringer Pickleball Round Robin | Friday, July 22
Personnel and Operations Updates
Summer Court Resurfacing
We’re excited to announce that we’ll be resurfacing the tennis and Pickleball courts beginning Monday, June 13. The entire project is expected to take approximately four weeks but will be done in phases to ensure there is always court space available for member use.
Here is the resurfacing schedule*:
- Monday, June 13-Friday, June 17: Courts 15-18
- Monday, June 20-Friday, June 24: Courts 4- 6
- Monday, June 27-Friday, July 1: Courts 7-9
- Tuesday, July 5-Friday, July 8: Courts 13, 14, and Pickleball 1
*dates subject to change.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we can’t wait for you to see the finished courts!
Requesting an LOA (Leave of Absence)
Summer has arrived, and many members are taking some time away. We understand if you are going to be away for a month or more and would like to put your membership on pause.
How do you request a leave of absence?
- When: A full month’s notice to pause or request a leave of absence is required. For example, if you want to request the month of August off, the request needs to be made by the end of June, and July would count as your one-month notice. So, your LOA would go into effect in August.
- How: Log in to Bay Club Connect.
- Select Moreat the bottom of the app. Then, click Contact Us, followed by membership change, and then need a short break. We will receive your message and send you the paperwork via email that needs to be completed to move forward with your request.
Catch a Wave with Marissa
The sun is out, the heat is on—it’s the perfect weather for some surfing! On this month’s Marissa Tries, Marissa has a blast surfing for the first time. She joins pro surfer Marcel Soros on the beautiful beaches of Santa Cruz. Check out Marissa Tries Surfing here!
Summer Camp Spaces Are Filling up Fast!
Enroll your child in Bay Club Kids Camp today and they’ll play sports, swim, and make lasting memories all summer long. Weekday summer camp and sports camps are now enrolling! Don’t wait—camp is almost sold out with 90% of spots already filled. Register now before we’re full! Sign up in Bay Club Connect.
Stay in the Know
If you want to keep up with special events and activities at other Bay Club locations, we make it easy for you to find the info. All Weekly Updates get posted on our website. Follow this link to view them at a glance. When you’re traveling around and visiting a Club outside your home base, it’s the quickest way to discover what’s in store. (And it’s also fun reading!)
See you at the Club!
Executive Vice President
Los Angeles Campus