Your Weekly Manhattan Country Club Update: August 15, 2022
School may be back in session, but we’re still celebrating summer at the Club. It’s not too late to achieve your summer goals—schedule a private training session or join one of our group exercise classes today. Whether you’re relaxing by the pool or playing a game on the court, the Club is the perfect place to enjoy the warm weather.
What’s Happening at the Club This Week?
Wednesday, August 17 | 5:00 pm-8:00 pm
Head to the Club for a fun night of bingo where you can spend time with your family and friends while enjoying dinner at the Terrace Restaurant.
Heitz Cellar Wine Dinner
Thursday, August 18 | 5:30 pm
Enjoy a five-course dinner paired with Heitz Wine. Limited spaces are available, and reservations are required. To reserve your spot, email Rosie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost: $110 per member.
Margarita Mixer Tennis Round Robin
Friday, August 19 | 6:00 pm
Join our fun Margarita Luau Tennis Mixer—play some fun and competitive mixed doubles with a new partner each round. Open to levels 3.0-4.0. Sign up individually or with a friend. Email Spencer at email@example.com with questions or sign up on TopDog.
See What’s Happening This Weekend
Science Night: Slime & Fun
Saturday, August 20 | 5:00 pm-7:00 pm
The second science night of the summer is here! Dinner will be provided. Ages 6-12. Register today on Bay Club Connect.
Adult Pool Party
Saturday, August 20 | 5:00 pm-7:00 pm
Kids are going back to school, and it’s time to celebrate with some adult fun. While the kids are at Science Night, come and join our Adult Pool Party equipped with drink specials, a live DJ, and food at the Pool Bar. One complimentary drink will be served. For more information, contact Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday Cycle with PK
Every Sunday | 9:00 am-9:50 am
Get ready for a fun and challenging cycle class with PK on the Sundeck. Bikes are limited; sign up on Bay Club Connect.
Sunday Funday at the Pool
Every Sunday | 12:00 pm-3:00 pm
Get your family together for fun activities and games in our pool all summer long.
Save the Dates
- Complimentary Chair Massages from Good Life Physical Medicine | Wednesday, August 24 | 9:00 am-1:00 pm
- Live Music with Gavin of Latch Key Kid + Dinner Night | Thursday, August 25 | 5:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Reservations are encouraged. Reserve your spot today on OpenTable.
- Junior UTR Singles Tournament | Saturday, August 27 | 9:00 am-12:00 pm
- Members Only Swim Meet | Sunday, August 28 | 9:00 am
- Join us at our Members Only Swim Meet. Challenge one of your friends or family members to a friendly race across the 25-yard field. Winners will have a chance to add their names to the record board. Please click here to sign up.
- New Member Social | Wednesday, August 31 | 5:00 pm-8:00 pm
- We invite new members to join us in the restaurant for a complimentary drink, charcuterie platter, and a goodie bag as we bring all our new members together for a social hour. Registration is required. To reserve your spot, contact Rosie at email@example.com.
Facilities and Operations Updates
Level Up Youth Fitness—Athletic Sports Conditioning
Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00 am-7:00 am and 6:00 pm-7:00 pm
Saturdays from 9:00 am-10:00 am
Do you have a young athlete wanting to take their fitness to the next level? This six-week fitness program focuses on physical activities incorporated into all sports to ensure your athlete becomes stronger, faster, and more confident in their abilities. Email Jay at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up. Ages 14-17. Cost: $1,350 per member.
Fall Pickleball League
Monday, August 22 to Friday, September 30
Want to get into our Fall Pickleball League? Now is a perfect time! Register today on Top Dog. We have divisions for men and women of all levels. Questions? Contact our Tennis Director at Spencer at email@example.com.
Pickleball Court Resurfacing
Our Pickleball Court resurfacing project continues this week. All six courts will be temporarily unavailable, but the Stadium Court will be available for use. The Tennis Ball Machine Court will also be resurfaced and temporarily unavailable for use. Thank you for your understanding!
We are excited to announce that our Pool and Pool Deck will undergo renovation. Please note that while we enhance the space, all of our pools will be temporarily unavailable for the month of October. Come take a dip in the pool before the month-long closure. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
It is important that all our members are safe and enjoying the Club. Please see the Club’s House and Ground Rules for further information. Here are some reminders:
- No-show Fee
- We ask that you cancel all reservations for tennis and childcare within eight hours so that we may offer that spot to another family or member. Starting Monday, August 1, any no-show will be charged a $25 fee per reservation.
- All children under 12 must be supervised at all times.
- Children under 14 are not permitted to use the Fitness Facility or Locker Room Jacuzzi.
- We have two family changing areas between the Women’s and Men’s Locker Rooms and poolside for your convenience.
- Children are not permitted in the upstairs bar area.
- Food and Beverages:
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Napa Room. We have provided plenty of outdoor seating for you to enjoy your poolside favorites.
- Please do not bring glassware near the pool. Ask your server for plastic if you want to enjoy drinks away from the Terrace Bar. We want to avoid broken glass around the pool area as most members are without shoes.
Vice President/General Manager
Manhattan Country Club