Your Weekly Manhattan Country Club Update: October 3, 2022
We made it to October, and we’ve got frightful delights and more in store for the whole family at the Club! From Halloween to football season and new fitness classes—get ready for seasonal fun all month long. Come dressed in your best costume, check out one of our spooktacular events, and enjoy the fall festivities.
What’s Happening at the Club This Week?
Holiday Camps—Book Now
Wednesday, October 5 | 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Bring your kids to the Club for a day filled with activities and games, including tennis, swimming, art and crafts, lunch, and yummy snacks. Cost: $100 (food included). For kids ages 2-12. Sign up by emailing Taylor at Taylor.Falbisaner@bayclubs.com.
See What’s Happening This Weekend
Fall Wine Festival | Last Chance to RSVP!
Saturday, October 8 | 5:00 pm-8:00 pm
Experience a fun-filled event featuring wine tastings, a carving & pasta station, charcuterie, live music, and much more. Cost: $95++ per member. Limited spots are available. Click here to sign up.
Tennis and Pickleball Challenge Courts
Every Saturday and Sunday | 9:00 am-12:00 pm
For tennis, sign up at the Front Desk at 8:45 am on both days. For pickleball, sign up outside Courts A & B. Participation is on a first-come, first-served basis. Questions? Contact Spencer at Spencer.Trotta@bayclubs.com.
Sunday Funday at the Pool
Every Sunday |12:00 pm-3:00 pm
Come spend your Sunday at the pool with activities and family-style games before the pool closes for renovations.
Save the Dates
Halloween Bingo Night
Wednesday, October 12 | 5:00 pm-7:00 pm
Pumpkin Decorating Night
Thursday, October 13 | 5:00 pm-8:00 pm
Reserve your spot as soon as possible, as this event fills up quickly. Parental supervision is required for children under six. Dinner will be served. Sign up on Bay Club Connect. Cost: $50 per child.
Kids’ Culinary Night: Halloween-theme
Wednesday, October 19 | 5:00 pm-7:00 pm
Thursday, October 20 | 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
Saturday, October 22 | 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
Join us for our annual Halloween Party with a spooky haunted house, Live DJ, arts and crafts for children, a 360 photo booth, and a buffet dinner. All parents must stay with their children at all times during this event. Guests are welcome. To RSVP, reply to Gaby through this email and include your member ID as well as party size.
Cost: $65+ for adults and $45+ for children (ages 3-13).
Member Guests are $75+ for adults and $55+ for children.
Halloween Tennis Round Robin
Thursday, October 27 | 6:00 pm-8:30 pm
Bring your costumes and your best game for a fun mixed doubles event. Prizes will be given to the winners. Sign up on TopDog.
Hocus Pocus Movie Night
Saturday, October 29 | 5:00 pm-8:00 pm
Bring a small tent and sleeping bag for a movie night at the Club to watch Hocus Pocus. Dinner will be served. Sign up on Bay Club Connect. Cost: $50 per child.
Cardboard Boat Race
Sunday, October 30 | 6:00 pm-8:30 pm
Do you have what it takes to float across the pool using only cardboard and duct tape? Get ready to show off your skills at our annual Cardboard Boat Race. Prizes will be awarded. To sign up or for more information, email Kyle.Flanders@bayclubs.com.
Facilities and Operations Updates
Service Fee and Check Verification
A service fee is included in all restaurant checks when dining at the Restaurant and Pool Bar. The service fee goes towards compensating our staff; no additional tips are required but can be added if you wish. Upon completion of dinner service, we ask all members to sign their checks for verification of their orders.
New Menu at the Pool Bar
We have added new items to our Pool Bar menu to satisfy all your cravings.
- The Restaurant will be closed on the following Saturdays: October 15, and October 22 for events. The Pool Bar will be open for extended hours for your convenience. Dinner service will resume on Saturday, October 8, and Saturday, October 29.
- We are excited to announce that we are renovating our Pool and Pool Deck. Please note that while we enhance the space, all of our pools will be unavailable from Monday, November 7 until Friday, December 2. Take advantage of the great weather and dip into the pool before the closure.
Children & Guest Waivers
- All guest waivers must be signed by adults. Children are not permitted to sign guest waivers for themselves or other children.
- Parents are fully responsible for their children and guests’ children whenever they are on the premises. Children under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times when on Club premises.
- Noise or actions that may be disturbing or unsafe to other members may result in disciplinary action and will incur fees.
As we settle into our school year routine, we would like to remind you of some important items:
- Advanced reservations are required. We will only accommodate drop-ins if it is safe to do so.
- You can make reservations up to seven days in advance. Please limit reservations to ONE visit per day.
- Arrive promptly at your reservation time. Reservations will automatically be cancelled after 15 minutes of the start time and open to another member.
- If you do not need your reservation, please cancel it as soon as possible on Bay Club Connect. This will free up space for another family.
- No-shows or reservations canceled less than 24 hours in advance will incur a $25 fee.
- Pick up your child(ren) promptly at the reservation end time. Use of our childcare services may be suspended for repeated violations.
Thank you for your understanding and support!
Looking for the latest Club news? Learn about upcoming activities and programs in the October Club newsletter. Click here to see what’s happening at the Club this month.
Vice President/General Manager
Manhattan Country Club