Your Weekly San Jose Club Update: April 25, 2022
The end of April is approaching; although there have been a few showers, we look forward to May’s arrival with more flowers. It’s a great time to visit as we prepare for summer. With a Shared Membership, everyone can experience all that the Club has to offer. There are endless activities to enjoy with family and friends—from fun events to new classes. Drop by the Club and join the fun!
New Club Hours
Effective Monday, May 2, Bay Club Courtside’s operating hours will be extended to the following:
- Monday-Friday: 5:30 am to 9:00 pm
- Saturday-Sunday: 6:00 am to 9:00 pm
SAVE THE DATE!
Friday, May 6, 4:00 pm-7:00 pm
Our members are the best thing about the Bay Club. Join us for a fiesta as we celebrate you and our community. Bring your family and friends for a party full of complimentary tacos, churros, drinks*, and lots of games. Guests are welcome. We can’t wait to celebrate with you, and thank you to all our wonderful members! RSVP here.
*Alcoholic beverages available for purchase
- Check-in opens at 4:00 pm
- Food & Beverage
- Taco Bar
- CREAM (made-to-order ice cream sandwiches)
- Adult Beverage Bar ($$)
- Churros from 5:00-7:00 pm
- Kids Zone
- Balloon Twister from 4:30-6:30 pm
- Airbrush Tattoo Artist from 4:30-6:30 pm
- Bounce House
- Arts, Crafts, and Games
- Ping Pong
- Lazy River (inflatables in the Family Pool**)
- Pool-deck Music
- Mariachi from 5:00-7:00 pm
- Poolside DJ from 4:00-7:00 pm
- Pickleball Mixer from 5:30-7:00 pm
**No lap swimming available in the Family Pool. We will remove all lanes from the pool from 2:30 pm until close.
Courtside Pickleball Grand Opening Mixer
Saturday, May 28 | 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
We will host a complimentary pickleball mixer for players of all skill levels. We will also include an orientation to pickleball, plus an exhibition from top players!
Annual Car Show
Saturday, May 14, from 8:00 am-12:00 pm
Bay Club Courtside is pleased to host the 5th Annual Car Show, hosted by the Bonafede Team (with Compass Real Estate) on Saturday, May 14, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm in the Overflow Parking Lot. Come enjoy this exhibition of cars ranging from classic, rare, specialty, and custom. We look forward to seeing you there!
Beginning in May:
- Group and Private Swim Lessons are open for registration.
- Email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- All swimmers 13 and under can get a jump on summer by completing their swim evaluations ahead of time:
- The swim test is required for ages 13 and under to be in the pool without a parent/guardian within arm’s reach.
- Swimmers can get their evaluations done with Coach Sebastian during the following times; no need to RSVP.
- Friday, April 29, from 4:00 pm-5:00 pm
- Sunday, May 1, from 11:00 am-12:00 pm
Group Exercise Classes
Starting in May, new classes and class changes:
- New! Tuesdays at 8:30 am | BODYCOMBAT with Dorina | Studio A
- New! Fridays at 4:30 pm | Yoga with Ellie | Mind Body Studio
- New! Sundays at 10:00 am | Yoga with Ellie | Mind Body Studio
- New! Sundays at 4:30 pm | Restorative Yoga with Meredith | Mind Body (starts May 8)
- Change! Tuesdays at 9:00 am | Mat Sculpt is now Yoga Sculpt with Stephanie
- Change! Thursdays at 8:30 am | BODYPUMP with Jen | Center Court
- Change! Fridays at 9:00 am | Power Sculpt with Sarah | Center Court
- Change! Mondays-Fridays at 11:00 am | Aqua Aerobics is moving back to the Adult Pool on Monday, May 2.
Personal Training & Pilates
Train with a personal trainer! Get workouts that fit your schedule, ideas to keep your fitness routine fresh and fun, and learn the proper techniques to keep you safe and injury-free. If you’re new to training, we have one-on-one and small group sessions available. To get started, email Tonya at email@example.com to get in contact with one of our amazing fitness professionals.
Pilates Small Group Classes are Back!
Contact Jose Costa Pinto at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to sign up.
Courtside Junior Club Doubles Championships
Friday, May 20 | 3:30 pm-9:00 pm
We will be using all our outdoor tennis courts for our annual event. The event will be in a round-robin tournament format, including divisions for red, orange, green, and yellow ballplayers. There will be a BBQ for the entire family, prizes, and much more. The cost is $35 per player.
Courtside Tennis Mixer
Monday, May 30 | 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
We will celebrate Memorial Day with an afternoon mixer for adult players of all skill levels. Join us for a fabulous opportunity to meet new friends and tennis partners. This event is complimentary and open to the first 32 sign-ups.
Cardio Tennis with Melissa
Sundays | 9:30 am-10:30 am | Bay Club Courtside
Cardio Tennis is a fun, social, high-energy fitness workout. All levels are welcome! Each tennis session starts with a warm-up, followed by high-intensity games, and finished with a cool down. Orange balls will be used for safety, but this workout is not recommended for individuals recovering from an injury. The price is $25 if you sign up and $35 for drop-in participants. To sign up, call Melissa at (415) 602-9618 or email email@example.com.
We will have open play pickleball on Courts 11, 12, and 13, available by reservation during the following times: weekends from 12:00 pm-8:00 pm and weekdays from 12:00 pm-3:00 pm. Reservations may be made one day in advance by calling Court Reservations at (408) 395-7116.
Tennis Court Reservations Update
Due to the growing number of court reservation no-shows, the following Court Booking Violation Policy will go into effect this month. Please familiarize yourself with the below policy updates.
- At your first court booking violation (no-show, more than 15 minutes late, or incorrect booking), the member will receive a warning email.
- After the second court booking violation, the member will be charged $25 for each violation.
This policy resets at the first of each month. Members who continuously abuse the reservation system are at risk of losing their booking privileges. Thank you for your cooperation!
Summer Junior Tennis Academy
Our Summer Junior Tennis Academy is now available on Bay Club Connect. The Academy is for players ages 5-18, with the first week commencing on Monday, June 6. If you have any questions, please contact Meaghan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Camp Registration is Open!
What do your kids have planned for their summer? Bring ‘em here! Registration is now open for Summer Camp. There’ll be fun, games, and even specific sport-focused activities like tennis to instill your budding athletes with the skills, techniques, and strategies to play their best game. View week-by-week availability in Bay Club Connect. To learn more about our offerings, click here.
May Kids’ Events
Sign up for the below events on Bay Club Connect. We hope to see your kids there!
Gift Making Workshop
Saturday, May 7 | 11:00 am-1:00 pm
Looking for that special gift for mom? Drop off the kids for a gift-making workshop along with cookie decorating. Choose from a variety of gifts to surprise mom this Mother’s Day.
Princess Boot Camp with Ariel
Saturday, May 14 | 10:00 am-1:00 pm
Gathering all princesses! Come dressed in your princess best—it’s time for princess training. Special appearance by Ariel. Lunch will be included.
Popcorn & Pajamas Party
Saturday, May 21 | 4:00 pm-7:00 pm
Rainy spring weather only calls for one thing— COMFY & COZY! Come drop off your kids in their most stylish pajamas! They will indulge in pizza and enjoy our Popcorn Bar as they lounge and watch a movie.
Birthday Parties at Courtside
Looking for a venue to host your children’s memorable birthday party or an event to celebrate a special day? Events and birthdays are back here at Courtside. Choose from a variety of options such as an inflatable slide, swimming, or character appearance. Build an event just the way you imagine it. If you’re interested, email Michelle at email@example.com.
Sanctuary Spa Special
Stop by the Spa to see our new product lines and promotions!
Boulder Ridge Dinner Events
Come enjoy the spectacular views and join us for the following event. RSVP by emailing Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Frank Family Wine Dinner | Saturday, April 30
- Mother’s Day Brunch | Sunday, May 8
- Tequila & Street Tacos Night | Friday, May 13
- Tapas & Wine with Live Music | Friday, May 20
- Prisoner Wine Dinner | Saturday, May 28
Boulder Ridge Golf Events
Golf Lessons with Mike Braga, PGA
We are pleased to announce the addition of Mike Braga, PGA to our instruction team. Mike has over twenty-five years of teaching experience at both public and private clubs. Mike is also TPI Certified and TrackMan Certified. Fun fact: Mike’s brother was the Head Professional at San Jose Country Club and his father played on the PGA Tour! Mike can be reached at email@example.com or by text at (408) 506-6629. Lessons can also be booked here.
Tim Mahoney Golf Clinics in May | Open to All Members
Save the Date! Troon Director of Instruction Tim Mahoney will join us on Saturday, May 7, for a day of amazing golf clinics:
- 9:00 am | TrackMan Full Swing Clinic
- 10:00 am | Ladies Clinic
- 11:00 am | Short Game Tips from the PGA Tour
- 12:00 pm | TrackMan Full Swing Clinic
- 1:00 pm | Short Game Tips from the PGA Tour
Enjoy world-class golf instruction for only $39! Call the Boulder Ridge Pro Shop to RSVP.
Host Your Next Event at Boulder Ridge
Looking for a new home for your next golf event? Boulder Ridge offers great rates with unparalleled views! Please email Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Are you tired of lugging your personal belongings back and forth between your home and the Club? You’re in luck. We have lockers available to rent on a month-to-month basis. Please email Rachel at email@example.com today to get started renting a locker.
Friendly Club Reminders
- The Adult Pool Deck, Hot Tub, as well as the Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms are for members/guests ages 16 and above. For members under the age of 16, our Family Pool, Family Changing Room, and Boys/Girls Locker Rooms are available for use.
- Fitness Equipment and Space Reminder: members under the age of 13 are not permitted on the fitness equipment or in our fitness spaces. Members ages 13 to 17 must be accompanied by an adult or go through a fitness certification by one of our personal trainers.
April Club Perk
Looking to increase your mental toughness? Our April Perk was made for you! MTILive.io is like a fitness class for your mind that helps you perform your best when it matters most. Each week, Certified Mental Trainers® teach you proven tools to get the most out of yourself, and achieve your dreams, with a community of like-minded people. As a Bay Club member, your first session is free, then you get 25% off your first 2 months! Discover more here.
We’re Growing Our Team for Summer!
We’re looking for talented, customer service-focused individuals to join us this summer. Here are some of the seasonal positions we’re hiring for throughout our Clubs:
- Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
- Tennis and Squash Pros
- Operations Associates
- Camp Counselors
Employees will earn great perks, such as Club membership, competitive compensation, Club discounts, and team culture. If you know someone who would like to join our summer crew, have them visit our careers page here. If you’re interested in being a Facility/Maintenance Tech or Hospitality Desk Associate, please contact Rachael at firstname.lastname@example.org. And stop by the Clubs this spring as we host Job Fairs! Our South Bay Job Fairs will be held at Bay Club Courtside on Saturday, May 14 from 10:00 am-2:00 pm, and at Bay Club Santa Clara on Wednesday, May 18 from 5:30 pm-7:30 pm. If you are interested in attending, please fill out this form.
Stay in the Know
If you want to keep up with special events and activities at other Bay Club locations, we make it easy for you to find the info. All Weekly Updates get posted on our website. Follow this link to view them at a glance. When you’re traveling around and visiting a Club outside your home base, it’s the quickest way to discover what’s in store. (And it’s also fun reading!)
Robyn Van DerLuit
Senior Vice President
San Jose Campus